Buttons remapper allows setting custom actionsfor hardware including capacitive (not software) buttons of yourAndroid device.
– Swap or remap buttons
– Set additional actions for a short or a long press
– Open browser, dialer or camera apps on a hardware buttonclick
– Open any application by press on a key
– Disable a button completely
– Supported remapping of HOME, BACK, RECENT APPS, CAMERA and VOLUMEkeys + over 200 other keys
– Support of double/triple click and two buttons combinations inthe Premium version (feature is under testing)
– Alt+Tab feature similar to Android N (in the Premiumversion)
– Ability to terminate current app (Root only)
This program WILL NOT work with soft keys.
On some devices hardware buttons are not comfortable to use in caseof their unusual arrangement. If your device is one of them trythis application and re-assign hardware keys. The app has beentested on Samsung Galaxy S4, S5, S6, S6 Edge and SamsungTablets.
This application will work only with hardware (includingcapacitive) buttons.
Root-permissions are not required for the majority of functions.However, some actions (Menu, Search, Block, Terminate app, Changelanguage) require root.
The behavior of remapping is device specific and some of keys maynot work on some models. For example, Power button does not work onthe majority of devices.
Please, be careful with remapping a HOME button action.
We will be happy to receive any ideas, suggestions and reviews bythe email. If something doesn’t work we will also be happy to helpwith setting up.
This app uses Accessibility services. It designed to help drivers,users with disabilities and anyone who can find it useful, toaccess apps faster and replace different actions with just oneclick on the button. The app uses only the following features ofAndroid Accessibility service:
– Filter key events to get access to the key event of the deviceand to remap it to any other action;
– Track “window changed” event to get the package name of therunning app when the action Last app is assigned to any button, tohelp user get back to the previous app.
The key events actions are not saved on the persistent storage andare not being send outside the device. The same goes for a lastopened package of the app. Events are saving in RAM to processcombinations and the Last app action only.