Coptic Reader is a mobile application thatcontains the liturgical text, rites, psalmodies, hymns, melodies,services, and sacraments of the Coptic Orthodox Church. See belowfor a full list of included content. Coptic Reader is not simply atext reader but rather it dynamically creates each document/serviceaccording to the rites of the current day, or selected day/feast.Coptic Reader builds each document on the fly with all appropriatehymns, rites and instructions to take the guess work out of theorder of a church service.
Coptic Reader can generate documents in a combination of English,Arabic, and Coptic and supports both English and Arabic as theapplication interface language. Coptic Reader is fully customizableand allows you to show/hide different liturgical roles (i.e.,Priest, Deacon, and Congregation), inaudible prayers,rubrics/comments, and languages.
You may choose between different graphical themes as well as changethe document text size. A presentation mode is also supported thatallows you to project the content in your church for a completeexperience. The application also allows you to control which saintor archangel commemorations will be shown in doxologies, hymns,responses, and other prayers for your church’s intercessors.
– Complete Bible including Coptic New Testament andDeuterocanonical books
– Book of Hours (Agpeya)
– Holy Psalmody including Midnight Praises, Vesper Praises, MorningPraises (Standard, Koiahk, Nativity, Theophany, Great Fast,Pentecostal, including all festal psalies)
– Antiphonary (Difnar)
– Divine Liturgies with integrated Service of the Deacons (St.Basil, St.Gregory, and St. Cyril, as well as Vespers and Matinsservice)
– Katameros (Sundays, Weekdays, Great Fast, Pentecostal, andfeasts)
– Distribution Melodies
– Unction of the Sick
– Baptism Prayers
– Crowning and Engagement Prayers
– Pascha Prayers
– Prostration Prayers
– Liturgy of the Waters (Lakkan)
– Funerals (Men, Women, Boys, Girls, Monks, Memorials, and Prayerat the Tomb)
– Consecrations (Church, Vessels, Censers, Icons, Baptistery,Ordinations, Reception of a New Priest, and Home Blessing)
For more information about Coptic Reader, visithttp://suscopts.org/wiki/Coptic_Reader
Please direct any comments or questions to: