Copy (almost) any text on the screen and sharescreenshots with two taps!
1. Open the settings and set Copy as the default assist app.
2. Long-press the home button to activate Copy on any screen.
3. Tap on highlighted text to copy it. Long-press to share. Tap theimage button to share the screenshot.
Completely free. No ads. Zero permissions. 😊
1. Apps can prevent Copy from accessing the screen. For example,when DRM protected media is playing (Netflix) or the app has beenflagged as ‘secure’ (banking apps).
2. Copy works by analyzing app layouts. Some apps report incorrectlayout information which might cause text to be not copy-able,misaligned text boxes, and overlapping text boxes.
3. Some device manufacturers overwrite the default behavior of theHome button long-press action, which causes Copy to not show up. Inthat case, please check the Settings of your device. For example,the long-press action on OnePlus phones can be changed at Settings> Buttons > Home Button > Long Press Action.
4. Copy replaces Google Now on Tap / Google Assistant but you canswitch back at any time. Simply open the assist settings again andselect the Google app. There can only be one assist app set at atime. This is a limitation of Android. If Copy is not set as thedefault assist app, it cannot access the screen.
5. Devices running Android 7.0 and 7.1 have a bug that breaks theassistant functionality after a reboot. If your device is affected,you have to open the assist settings after rebooting your device.Simply opening the settings will re-enable Copy. As far as I amaware, all assist apps are affected by this bug, with the exceptionof the Google Assistant.
6. Screenshots taken by Copy do not contain system UI elements andare not detected by apps like Snapchat and Instagram.
If you encounter a problem, please contact me firstname.lastname@example.org instead of using the Play Store reviewsystem.
Reviews and responses to reviews are limited in length and aback-and-forth is not possible.
If you like Copy, please do not forget to post a review! Thankyou!