GameBench is an award-winning, pro-gradetool used by thousands of bloggers, studios, phone makers andenthusiasts who want to test mobile game performance and measureFPS (frames per second).
Before you start using the tool, please be aware that it requirestwo things that most consumer-grade apps do not require. **Ifyou’re not happy with either requirement, please don’t attempt touse GameBench.**
1) A one-time PC connection is needed — Google hasn’t designedAndroid in a way that makes it easy for non-developers to testperformance. Our tool gets around this problem, but a USBconnection to a Mac, Windows or Linux PC is essential to getGameBench started.
2) Account registration is required – This allows us to chargeenterprise users while offering basic usage for free to everyoneelse.
Registering for a free GameBench account will get you the followingfeatures:
• Access to the Android app;
• Access to the desktop app, which lets you test iOS and Androidgames side-by-side;
• Access to your own web dashboard, so you can store and analyseyour test results;
• 30 minutes of testing every month, with your free minutes beingreset monthly;
If you accept GameBench’s registration and PC requirements, thenyou’ll find that the tool is very easy to use, requiring no codingor other specialist know-how, no SDKs, no rooting and only standardAndroid permission settings.
GameBench allows you test real games and applications on realphones and tablets — simply by playing. It measures frame rate forany game or application, and records other performance metrics thatare vital early predictors of customer experience and commercialsuccess, including:
• Frame rate stability and janks (aka micro-stutter);
• Resource usage, including CPU and GPU bottlenecks as well asexcessive memory footprint (a predictor of crashes);
• Power consumption, including both instantaneous power andbattery drain rate, and also battery temperature;
For full instructions, tips and documentation, please go to:https://docs.gamebench.net
Screenshots of sample log are taken from Despicable Me: Minion Rush(DMMR). DMMR is owned and developed by Gameloft, Gameloft retainsall rights to DMMR.
Terms of Service may be found at:https://www.gamebench.net/legal/terms-of-service