Kannada Janapada App gives you your favouriteJanapada poems on the go.
Read your favourite kannada folk songs and enjoy!
ಕನ್ನಡ ಜನಪದ ಅಪ್ಪನ್ನೂ ಡೌನ್ಲೋಡ್ ಮಾಡಿ ಮತ್ತೆ ಆನಂದಿಸಿರಿ
Jaanapada is a word made by two words Jana – People or tribe Pada -a kind of short verse joined together as a sandhi- a grammaticalterm. The folk culture and colloquial tongue of Kannadiga andprobably Telugu people were known by this name from time thelanguages came into existence.
The art of composing verses was natural when people were deeplyinvolved in their works commonly related to agriculture, pottery,harvest, flouring grains.
There were also compositions on rituals which were laid on commonman when caste system was on peak to oppose the atrocities andunderstand the traditions. These regional songs were also sungwhile working on the paddy fields.
Normally the Jangama or wandering monks or the Dasa or wanderingdevotee who used to hold a tamboori – a famous instrument to addmuse the verses, used to travel places spreading the knowledge theyhad acquired and used to receive alms from people known as BhavathiBhiksha Dehi which does not find a right word in contemporaryEnglish.
* Now with the most awaited share feature
* Share to whatsapp, sms and other social media instantly
* With all new blue theme
* No internet connections required
* Read folk songs on the go
* Featured folk Songs
* Now request App feature of your choice from within the app!
* Top in Kannada book category
* Free to to download and read songs lyrics
* Top regional songs
* Top Kannada Janapada Old Songs lyrics from Karnataka
This Kannada App let’s you relive you Kannada Janapada memoriesfrom childhood.
You could suggest more songs to be added to the Kannada app.