Phonics Fun for Kids teaches children the phonics sounds. This is just the first step for the children as the app offers much, much more and in a fun way. 200 bright, vibrant and free pictures await your children! The app will progressively take the kids beyond phonics sounds to three lettered and even longer words. So, they will be merging phonics and reading words in no time at all.
How to use this app:
1. Learn the phonic sounds by clicking on the Phonics balloon. The app helps the children learn the easier alphabet sounds first such as a, s, i, t, p and so on. Colorful pictures along with each English alphabet letter will keep the children involved. Preschoolers can start learning the phonics sounds first before playing the phonics games for kids.
2. Once the children have mastered some or all of the alphabet sounds/phonics rules, they can try their hand at phonics games by clicking on the Play balloon.
3. Level 1 to Level 3 tests the children on their recognition of the alphabets and their sounds by showing a colorful picture and giving letter choices. These levels are ideal for testing the phonics knowledge of kids in kindergarten and further reinforcing it.
4. Level 4-8 tests the children on how well they blend/merge the phonics sounds to make words. The three word choices for the picture start with the same letter. Hence, you can be absolutely sure that when your child chooses “cat” over “cut” and “cot”, he/she actually merged the phonics sounds to read the word 🙂 and not just looked at the starting letter.
5. The children can continue learning advanced phonics sounds by clicking on the Phonics balloon. Progress is saved everywhere, so that they can start from where they left off. The reading words game will also progress at the same pace as the phonics sounds and in advanced levels, the advanced phonics rules will also be tested. By level 16, your children will be reading longer words like “mountain”,”eraser”, “underline”, etc.
This app is perfect for preparing your kids for kindergarten or preschool. And, it is also an interesting and challenging way of making your older children start reading by playing the advanced levels 4-16. In both situations, your children will become early readers with the help of this app. They will ace all their spellings/reading tests as it has been observed that kids with a good base of phonics are usually better at spellings.
Happy learning and reading!
Some screens were optimized. The spelling of yogurt was changed from yoghurt to yogurt. Sound effects were changed.