Listen to live audio from over 6,500 fire andpolice scanners, weather radios, amateur radio repeaters and airtraffic and marine radios from around the world (primarily in theUnited States, Canada, and Australia, with more being addeddaily).
• View scanners that are located nearest you.
• View the top 50 scanners that have the most listeners (updatedevery 5 minutes).
• View list of scanners added most recently (new additions arebeing added all the time).
• Add scanners you listen to the most to your Favorites list forquick access.
• Browse the directory of scanners by location or genre (publicsafety, air traffic, railroad, marine, etc).
• Turn on notifications to be notified when lots of people (such asover 3500, for example) are listening to any scanner (indicatingthat something big is happening). You can also be notified whenscanners located near you (or specific scanners of your choosing)have more than a certain number of listeners and when new scannersare added.
• Add Scanner Radio widgets and shortcuts to your home screen forquick access (app cannot be installed on SD card to accessthem).
• Add a “Scanner Radio Favorite” shortcut to your home screen tolaunch a scanner feed via an alarm clock app or automationapp.
• Supports Android Auto.
• Locale/Tasker can be used to launch the app and have one of yourFavorites automatically begin playing based on one or moreconditions or have the app stop playing. One use for this featureis to have a scanner feed begin playing when your phone connects toa specific Bluetooth device and then have it stop when theconnection to that Bluetooth device is no longer present.
This is the free version of the app, below are the benefits ofpurchasing the Pro version (for only $2.99):
• No ads.
• Access to all 6 theme colors (requires Android 5.x andlater).
• Ability to record the audio.
• The play button at the top of the directory screens and on thewidgets can be used to start listening.
The audio you’re able to hear is provided by volunteers (and, inmany cases, police and fire departments themselves) forBroadcastify.com and a few other sites using real police scannersand is the same audio you would hear using a real policescanner.
If you need assistance, please go tohttp://support.gordonedwards.net/
Explanation of why a couple of permissions are needed:
• The “Location” permission is required so that the app candetermine what scanners are located in your area when you select”Nearby Scanners”. When you select “Nearby Scanners” the app firstattempts to determine your location via the network, if that failsthe app then tries to determine your location via GPS.
• The “Photos/Media/Files” / “modify or delete the contents of yourUSB storage” permission is required in order to allow you to recordthe audio you’re hearing and be able to save it to a location thatyou can access from your computer (requires Scanner Radio Pro to beinstalled or for you to be using Scanner Radio Pro).