With SVT Språkplay you can watch SVT’sprograms and get help to develop your Swedish language. This is theapp for you who is a refugee, newly arrived or other immigrant toSweden.
– Click words and expressions in closed captions and get languagesupport to eighteen common immigrant languages.
– Read the closed captions separately with integrated languageexercises
– Get recommended programs for you who are learning Swedish
– Get a list of your latest viewed programs for easy access andrepetition
– Explore the Swedish vocabulary in a visual overview and followthe progress of your own Learning profile
– Connect or register a user account for back-up and synchronizingyour Learning profile.
Enter your current Swedish language level (CEFR scale) in SVTSpråkplay:
A1 (beginner) if you understand very common words and simplesentences
A2 (basic) if you can read short and simple texts
B1 (intermediate) if you can understand texts with everydaylanguage
B2 (upper intermediate) if you can read texts about modern problemsand different views
C1 (advanced) if you can understand long and complex texts withdifferent styles
C2 (fluent) if you can understand all kinds of texts
If you don’t know any Swedish language yet then SVT Språkplay canbe difficult to use.
SVT Språkplay today offers language support to English, Russian,Spanish, Arabic, Turkish, Albanian, Bosnian, Croatian, Persian,Finnish, Greek, Kurdish, Serbian, Somali, Azeri, Ahmaric, Tigrinyaand Pashto
For smart use of your mobile data allowance we recommend that youconnect your mobile phone or tablet to a wireless network (wifi)when it is possible.
For full-screen play, turn your device to landscape.
You can watch the videos on a big screen. If you have TV withChromecast, start playing a video and tap the cast button. Bigscreen can show word translations automatically, and you can lookup words and take word test on your device.