PLEASE READ: You will need a powerful device to run some of the bigger quick games (Europe). If you don’t, campaigns will run just fine (They’re smaller).
Hex of Steel is a refreshing WWII wargame covering all fronts featuring a certain amount of original mechanics. Fight in solo against finally a decent AI throughout Europe, Africa or the Pacific, or against a friend in the cross-platform PBEM multiplayer.
With a failed Kickstarter campaign and 53 euros in our pocket, my brother and I decided to get the game done even with all odds against us !
Key features :
– Adaptive AI that doesn’t cheat
– Gigantic scenarios (Europe and many more)
– Standard unit representation or NATO one
– Branched campaigns with core units
– Immersive weather SFX
– Capture almost any unit you’d like and use it in your army
– In game level editor (complete)
– A random scenario generator
– Many, many interesting and original mechanics
Absolutely no paid content / in app purchases !
Many fixes, little changes / tweaks.