Built for the love of chess, this app is opensource and free for all.
– 150 000 individual users daily and growing fast.
– Play bullet, blitz, classical, and correspondence chess
– Play in arena tournaments
– Find, follow, challenge players
– See your games stats
– Practice with chess puzzles
– Many variants, available online and offline: Crazyhouse, Chess960, King Of The Hill, Three-check, Antichess, Atomic chess, Horde,Racing Kings!
– Game analysis with local computer evaluation
– Server computer analysis with move annotations and gamesummary
– Opening explorer in all variants
– Endgame tablebase explorer for standard chess and atomicchess
– Play against offline computer
– Over The Board mode to play offline with a friend
– Standalone chess clock with multiple time settings
– Board editor
– Available in 80 languages
– Designed for both phones and tablets, supporting landscapemode
– 100% free, without ads, and opensource!
Chess variants are supported, either in online and offline modes!Try them all:
– Crazyhouse: every time a piece is captured the capturing playergets a piece of the same type and of their color in theirpocket.
– Chess960: pieces on the home rank are randomised.
– King Of The Hill: bring your king to the center to win.
– Threecheck: check the opponent king three times.
– Antichess: lose all your pieces to win.
– Atomic Chess: nuke the opponent.
– Horde: destroy the horde to win.
– Racing Kings: race to the eighth rank to win.
Just like http://lichess.org, this application is open source, andrespects user freedom. It is entirely free and without ads, now andforever.
Learn more about lichess philosophy:http://lichess.org/blog/U4skkUQAAEAAhIGz/why-is-lichess-free
Source code of the mobile application:https://github.com/veloce/lichobile
Source code of the website and server:https://github.com/ornicar/lila
Big thanks to the volunteers behind this app:
– Vincent Velociter (lead dev) https://github.com/veloce
– Renaud Bressand (design) https://twitter.com/RenaudBressand
– Thibault Duplessis (dev) https://github.com/ornicar
– Sébastien Renault (dev of native stockfish plugin)https://github.com/srenault
– Mark Henle (dev) https://github.com/freefal
Check out the app page on http://lichess.org/mobile, and follow uson twitter for updates: https://twitter.com/lichessorg