Nonograms Katana: Sharpen your mind!
Nonograms, also known as Hanjie, Griddlers, Picross, JapaneseCrosswords, Japanese Puzzles, Pic-a-Pix, “Paint by numbers” andother names, are picture logic puzzles in which cells in a gridmust be colored or left blank according to numbers at the side ofthe grid to reveal a hidden picture. The numbers are a form ofdiscrete tomography that measures how many unbroken lines offilled-in squares there are in any given row or column. Forexample, a clue of “4 8 3” would mean there are sets of four,eight, and three filled squares, in that order, with at least oneblank square between successive groups.
To solve a puzzle, one needs to determine which cells will be boxesand which will be empty. Determining which cells are to be leftempty (called spaces) is as important as determining which to fill(called boxes). Later in the solving process, the spaces helpdetermine where a clue (continuing block of boxes and a number inthe legend) may spread. Solvers usually use a dot or a cross tomark cells they are certain are spaces.
It is also important never to guess. Only cells that can bedetermined by logic should be filled. If guessing, a single errorcan spread over the entire field and completely ruin thesolution.
– 1001 nonograms
– All puzzles are free
– All puzzles tested by computer program and have unique logicalsolution
– Nonograms sorted by groups from 5×5 to 50×50
– Black-and-white and colored
– Create and share your own puzzles
– Download puzzles sent by other users
– Use both crosses and dots to mark cells
– Auto cross out numbers
– Auto fill line with ‘X’ when you mark last number
– Auto save every puzzle, if you stuck you can try another puzzleand come back later
– Customize background, colors and font
– Switch day and night modes
– Zoom and smooth scrolling
– Lockable number bars
– Lock current puzzle state, check assumptions
– Optional cursor for accurate picking
– Share result pictures
– Save game progress to the cloud
– Achievements and leaderboards
– Screen rotation support
– Tablet support
– No Ads
– Show Answer
– 5 extra hints per puzzle