Keep your mind sharp with word games from The New York Times. Free to download, the app offers puzzles for every level so you can steadily improve your skills. From the classic Crossword to Spelling Bee, we’ve got a game for every player.
Upgrade your downtime with the following features:
• AD-FREE GAMES: There are never any ads to disrupt the fun in our Crossword app, so you can play without distraction.
• THE CROSSWORD: Looking for a classic word game? Subscribers can play the same crossword puzzle that’s printed daily in The New York Times newspaper in our app. The puzzle increases in difficulty from Monday to Saturday, so there’s something for everyone.
• SPELLING BEE: Is scrambling your strong suit? Play Spelling Bee and see how many words you can make with 7 letters. Play this word search game at your own pace throughout the day. New Spelling Bee puzzles are available daily.
• THE MINI CROSSWORD: Short on time? The daily Mini Crossword is all the fun of our iconic Crossword, but you can solve it in seconds. These puzzles don’t increase in difficulty throughout the week and feature simpler clues.
• LEADERBOARDS: Start a friendly competition with our Mini Crossword leaderboards. Add up to 25 friends to see who can solve the day’s Mini puzzle the fastest.
• CROSSWORD ARCHIVE: Sharpen your skills with thousands of crossword puzzles. Subscribers get access to over 10,000 editions of The Crossword and over 2,000 Mini Crossword puzzles.
• STATS: Track your progress with performance stats for The Crossword. Monitor your average solve times, see how many puzzles you can solve in a row or improve your solve rate.
DIGITAL SUBSCRIPTION OPTIONS:
Download our app to be automatically enrolled in a no-obligation, seven-day free trial with all subscriber benefits. After the trial ends, you can purchase a monthly or annual subscription.
Get unlimited digital access to all of our games plus the Crossword archives with a monthly or annual subscription. See our subscription offers for further details.
PAYMENT AND AUTOMATIC RENEWAL TERMS:
IF YOU SUBSCRIBE TO THE NEW YORK TIMES GAMES VIA THIS APP, PAYMENT FOR YOUR SUBSCRIPTION WILL BE AUTOMATICALLY CHARGED TO YOUR GOOGLE PLAY ACCOUNT UPON CONFIRMATION. SUBSCRIPTIONS RENEW AUTOMATICALLY 24 HOURS PRIOR TO THE START OF THE NEXT BILLING PERIOD. BILLING OCCURS EVERY CALENDAR MONTH FOR A MONTHLY SUBSCRIPTION OR ONCE YEARLY FOR AN ANNUAL SUBSCRIPTION. SUBSCRIPTIONS CONTINUE AUTOMATICALLY UNTIL CANCELED. CANCELLATION TAKES EFFECT AT THE END OF THE CURRENT BILLING PERIOD. YOU CAN MANAGE AND CANCEL SUBSCRIPTIONS USING THE GOOGLE PLAY SUBSCRIPTION CENTER.
BY DOWNLOADING THE NEW YORK TIMES CROSSWORD APP, you agree to:
• The automatic renewal terms stated above.
• The New York Times California Privacy Notices: http://www.nytimes.com/privacy/california-notice
• The New York Times Terms of Service: https://www.nytimes.com/content/help/rights/terms/terms-of-service.html
• Google Play Terms of Sale: https://payments.google.com/payments/apis-secure/u/0/get_legal_document?ldl=en&ldo=0&ldt=buyertos
Please note: A subscription to New York Times Games does not include access to any other New York Times products, including but not limited to nytimes.com, New York Times Cooking, Wirecutter, mobile news content and other apps on non-Android devices.
This version contains improvements to keep you solving smoothly!
Have feedback? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
March Madness is here! NCAA has appeared a whopping 143 times in the Daily Crossword, clued recently as “Grp. with much-discussed amateurism rules” and “Org. at the center of modern “name, image and likeness” legislation.”
App ID: com.nytimes.crossword